As I renew my subscription to O, the Oprah Magazine, I am reminded of Oprah's all-time top 10 "What I Know for Sure" comments.
Here they are in her own words:
1. What you put out comes back all the time, no matter what.
2. You define your own life. Don't let other people write your script.
3. Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
4.When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.
5. Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.
6. What you believe has more power than what you dream, wish, or hope for.
You become what you believe.
7. If the only prayer you ever say is "thank you," that will be enough.
8.The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
9. Failure is a signpost to turn you in another direction.
10. If you make a choice that goes against what everyone else thinks, the world will not fall apart.